- This event has passed.
Easter in Sicily: Making Traditional Treats
April 11 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$65
Pupa con l’uova is Italian for Eggs in a Basket.
These traditional treats are a symbol of abundance and are a part of the traditional Easter celebration in Sicily and Italy. These special cookie-like confections are decorated with a dyed Easter egg, and crossed with strips of cookie dough.
Join us in this hands-on class as we learn how to make these beloved treats from scratch. We will be guided through the steps by our very own Bakery manager, Melissa Brookens!
Also, we’ll be making one of our Sicilian favorite treats, cannoli!
Our classes are organized so you work together in a hands-on, fun and engaging environment with our professional chef instructor.
Pupa con l’uova
• You will be actively cooking and preparing food for most of the class
• Students are usually grouped into teams of 2
• Classes are 2 – 2.5 hours, unless otherwise noted
• This class is limited to 24 students
• You will be standing and cooking for most of the class
• Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and be sure to pull back and secure long hair
• You will receive a coupon good for $10 off in-store purchases at Glorioso’s Italian Market
• You must be 21 or older to attend this class
• This class will be held at Glorioso’s Appetito