Recipe: Spring Campanelle
Spring Vegetable Campanelle
- 1 pkg. Glorioso's Artisan Campanelle
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 asparagus stalks, washed and cut into thirds
- 1 C. peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. Parmigiano-Reggiano or aged Asiago, grated
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 2 C. chicken stock
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a fistful of sea salt. Add the farfalle and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the asparagus & garlic and cook over medium low heat, 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook over high heat until the asparagus are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the peas and stir.
Add cream to the skillet and boil until the sauce gets thick, 3-4 minutes. Add the campanelle and combine with the vegetables. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and 1/2 cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in warm bowls.